Ten Mainers to Compete at New England Junior
The 2019 New England Junior Championship gets underway this morning at Mill River CC in Stratford, CT. This annual event features the top junior golfers from all six New England states competing in a 54-hole stroke play event. This year the event introduces girls to the field for the first time. Details on that addition to the tournament can be found here.
The boys teams for each state are comprised of seven golfers, while the girls team has three players. In the boys division, the top 5-of-7 scores count in each round for the state's team score. In the girls division, the best 2-of-3 scores count for the team. In addition to the team competition, there will be an individual winner for each boy and girl that post the best score over 54 holes.
This year's Maine team is made up of the following talented players:
- Bennett Berg, The Woodlands Club
- Cade Charron, Brunswick GC
- Lindsay Cote, JW Parks GC
- Ruby Haylock, Turner Highlands GC
- Thomas Higgins, Purpoodock Club
- Mia Hornberger, Turner Highlands GC
- Austin Legge, Purpoodock Club
- Caleb Manuel, Brunswick GC
- Nick McGonagle, Val Halla GC
- Mitchell Tarrio, Belgrade Lakes GC