MSGA Junior Play Days
New for 2020, the MSGA will be offering Junior Play Days in the month before the NEPGA Junior Tour kicks off. These relaxed 9-hole events will be offered around the state to give players the chance to play with friends old and new.
Purpose: To encourage a fun 9 holes of golf while employing social distancing at the host club. The NEPGA Junior Tour doesn't start until June 24, so we're hoping to offer some fun opportunities for young players to play during the shortened school year. This is a chance to get out of the house and recreate while playing a little golf.
We are looking to charge a flat 9 hole greens fee of $15 to play. Tee times will vary from club to club but will generally be between 11:00 and 2:00. Our understanding is most homeschooling is completed by then.
- Be an independent golfer who knows the rules and shows exemplary golf etiquette.
- Sign up and pay online.
- Show up no earlier than 10 minutes before your tee time.
- Wear a mask to the 1st tee and off the 9th green.
- Bring hand sanitizer.
- Bring a bottle of water.
- Bring bug spray and/or sunscreen.
- Thank the host course/golf professional upon leaving. A wave and thank you near the pro shop is encouraged.
- Be picked up immediately upon completion of the round, about two hours after tee time.
The MSGA will:
- Pick the courses we like to play.
- Set up the course and select the tees to be played.
- Go over the rules of socially distancing in golf.
- Go over the local rules of play.
- Set-up threesomes (3 players maximum) by age, family and/or friends.
- Ensure tee times are every 12 minutes.
- Check in the players at the first tee.
There will be:
- No prizes.
- No scorecards.
- No competition.
- A max score of 8.
- No flexibility around social distancing restrictions.
Click on any of the event names below to register.
MSGA Junior Tour
The New England PGA and the Maine State Golf Association are very excited to announce a Junior Golf Alliance in the state of Maine. Recently established, this collaboration will serve as a vehicle to promote junior golf throughout the state by streamlining the junior golf process, creating competition for junior golfers, and growing the game of golf.
For more information: