A member of a course rating team should have taken a USGA or MSGA Course Rating Seminar.
- Should be available for the day for rating and golf
- Measure the course (200 and 250 yards, fairway width, water hazard carry, lateral hazard, trees, out of bounds, green size)
- Take elevation measurements
- Determine Obstacle Ratings
- Work with rest of rating team to fairly evaluate course
The MSGA will provide transportation (when necessary) and lunch to all course raters, and all course ratings will be scheduled in advance. For course ratings that require overnight stays, the MSGA will also pay applicable room and meal charges.